Oakland Together: County Executive Announces 40 Under 40
(Oakland County, Feb. 21, 2023)
Oakland County, MI – Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter announced the new members of the Oakland Together 40 Under 40 Class of 2023 today.
The 11th Oakland Together 40 Under 40 class honors young professionals who live and/or work in Oakland County. These individuals exemplify Oakland Together, Coulter’s vision for a community working together to leverage its strengths, address its challenges, and find value in working with regional partners.
“It was a challenge picking just 40 people for this Oakland Together 40 Under 40 Class of 2023. But this group of impressive individuals offers a glimpse of the leaders of today and the future,” said Oakland County Executive Dave Coulter. “From medical researchers to teachers and lawyers, elected officials, public servants and non-profit leaders, these remarkable people are helping to keep us healthy and safe, working with the most vulnerable among us and providing valuable public service to their communities.”
Approximately 175 candidates, born after Dec. 31, 1982, applied for the recognition. A panel of independent judges selected the new class. Among the members are a cancer researcher, a reading specialist, a city finance director and firefighter, and a lawyer and young leader in the Jewish community.
Pimentel, a 31-year-old Oak Park resident, is a nationally recognized cancer researcher specializing in the aggressive breast cancer TNBC which disproportionately impacts minority populations such as African American and Hispanic/Latina women. He is a volunteer peer mentor with Detroit FocuSSTEM Next Generation Program, aiming to increase diversity in STEM education. He is a Ph.D. candidate at Wayne State University.
Schroeder, 39, of Madison Heights, is a teacher and reading specialist in Lamphere Schools. Her passion for youth extends beyond the classroom to the Madison Heights Youth Assistance of which she is president. She also volunteers monthly with Forgotten Harvest and Goodfellows.
Moggio, 37, serves the City of Rochester in two capacities: Not only is he the finance director and treasurer, but he also has protected the community as veteran member of the Rochester Fire Department for 20 years. He is committed to continuing education and leadership in both roles. He lives in Rochester Hills.
DePriest, a 32-year-old lawyer and shareholder at Zausmer, P.C., is the president of NEXTGen Detroit, the young adult division of Jewish Federation of Metro Detroit. She also is a member of the Executive Committee of Jewish Family Services where she co-chairs the Leadership Committee. She calls West Bloomfield home.
Below is a complete list of the members of the Oakland Together 40 Under 40 Class of 2023. They will be honored at a reception preceding Coulter’s State of the County address March 14, 2023. Pictured above are Mike McGuinness, Johnny Turnage, Tammy McCrory, Brandon Kolo, and Stephanie Fakih.
For more information, click on www.oakgov.com/40Under40:
- Shadi Alawneh, 37, Lake Orion, Assistant Professor, Oakland University
- Brandon Barlog, 30, Auburn Hills, Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office
- Jeremy Bowie, 34, Pontiac, Attorney, The Perkins Law Group, PLLC
- Jeffrey Bozell, 36, Birmingham, Tax ESG Manager, KPMG US
- Anthony Henry Buffa, 32, Wixom, Director of Government Affairs, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office
- Lilian Crum, 37, Bloomfield Hills, Associate Dean of the College of Architecture and Design and Associate Professor, Lawrence Technological University
- Josh Curie, 36, Hazel Park, Owner, Clinical Director and Lead Therapist, Josh Curie & Associates Therapy
- Danielle DePriest, 32, West Bloomfield, Shareholder, Zausmer PC
- Qamar Lina Enayah, 33, Grand Blanc, Senior Assistant Prosecuting Attorney, Oakland County
- Stephanie Fakih, 35, Bloomfield Hills, Founder & Principal Attorney, Rights First Law PC
- Hernando C. Flowers, 35, Belleville, Workforce Development Manager, Barton Malow Company
- Jillian Geyman, 35, Fenton, Director, Oakland County Michigan Work! Waterford/Gesher Human Services
- Keenan Gottschall, 34, Wixom, Realtor, Real Estate One
- Christopher J. Hagan, 34, Lake Orion, Captain / Paramedic, Orion Township Fire Department
- Shaun Hayes, 32, Clarkston, Executive Director, Paint Creek Center for the Arts
- Vincent C. Kirkwood, 36, West Bloomfield, Executive Director, Playworks
- Sarah Knipper, 36, Royal Oak, Senior Physical Therapist, Beaumont Health Rehabilitation Services
- Commissioner Brandon Kolo, 37, Royal Oak, President & Director of Projects, Main Street Service Group
- Kat Lewitzke, PsyD LP, 36, West Bloomfield Township, Owner and Clinic Director, Bright Pine Behavioral Health
- Ayush Mathur, 32, Novi, Principal Consultant, Elevance Health
- Tammy McCrory MA LLP, BCBA, 37, Farmington HIlls, CEO, McCrory Center
- Mike McGuinness, 38, Pontiac, Executive Director, Berkley Downtown Development Authority
- Allie Mercer, 25, Rochester Hills, Human Trafficking Victim Advocate, Common Ground
- Sean R. Miller, 36, Davisburg, Township Clerk, Springfield Charter Township
- Anthony Moggio, 37, Rochester Hills, Finance Director / Treasurer, City of Rochester
- Sarah Moreau, 31, Oakland Township, Communications Supervisor – BOC, Oakland County
- Julio M. Pimentel, 31, Oak Park, PhD Candidate in Cancer Biology, Wayne State University
- Erika Riggs, 36, Troy, Partner, Disability Law Group
- Jennifer Roccanti, 38, Rochester, Executive Director, On My Own of Michigan
- Kristin Rossi, 39, Rochester Hills, Chief Executive Officer, Michigan Parkinson Foundation
- Audrey Ryskamp, 32, Commerce Township, Grassroots Marketing Manager, LaFontaine Automotive Group
- Amy Schroder, 39, Madison Heights, Reading Specialist, Lamphere School District
- David Sheaffer, Esq., 34, Southfield, Senior Law Clerk to Justice Elizabeth M. Welch, Michigan Supreme Court
- Matt Shell, 39, Lake Orion, US Tax Counsel, Magna International
- Scott Stewart, 29, Pontiac, Vice President of Programs, Pontiac Community Foundation
- Johnnie Turnage, 29, Farmington Hills, CEO/Founder, EvenScore
- Angel Turner, 37, Southfield, Manager – Industrial Engineering, Consumers Energy
- Amber Cheri Williams, 36, West Bloomfield, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist / Health and Wellness Educator, Detroit Area Agency on Aging (DAAA – 1A)
- Kara Woodliff, 37, Rochester Hills, Healthcare Data Analyst, Oakland Community Health Network
- Kristen N. Zdankiewicz, 32, Shelby Township, Sergeant – Emergency Response and Preparedness Unit – Recruiter, Oakland County Sheriff’s Office