Snow Causing Delays and Route Cancellations for SMART Services
(SMART, Dec 23, 2022)
Due to the nature of the storm in the region, with blowing, drifting snow, wind, and ice, the following routes will not operate on Friday, December 23, 2022:
- 805 Grand River Park & Ride
- 830 Downriver Park & Ride
- 851 W. Bloomfield Park & Ride
Additional cuts are expected and significant delays are anticipated. Check one of the many mobility apps for service changes and rider alerts prior to venturing out.
SMART is taking extra steps to make sure our staff is safe, rested, and available to carry out service throughout the duration of the winter storm. For those who have to travel tomorrow, SMART is committed to operating as safely as possible throughout the storm.
“SMART is committed to serving our local communities throughout the year, but especially during challenging times, and a snowstorm is one of those times,” said Dwight Ferrell, general manager of SMART, “Making sure we have the operators and essential staff available and rested is important to operate service throughout the storm.”
Our first priority is the safety of our operators and our customers. To ensure their safety we remind our customers to mind these safeguards during their travels:
- Be aware of service disruptions and expect delays
- Use one of the many mobility/transit apps for up-to-date real-time arrival info and rider alerts
- Call Customer Care during our hours of operation –
• Monday-Friday 5:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
• Saturday 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Dress appropriately for weather conditions
- Stand at a safe place near the bus stop
- If your stop is not accessible, please stand in the closest driveway or sidewalk near your stop
- Flag down your driver when the bus approaches
- Board and deboard the bus using handles to avoid slipping
Be patient with the bus operators who are working hard in challenging circumstances to ensure that everyone get to their destinations safely.
Contact Connector Customer Service to verify trip information and to check the status of a scheduled ride. Customers should expect delays.
Transit Centers will be Closed
The SMART Transit Centers in downtown Detroit and Royal Oak will be closed for the Christmas Holiday from Friday, December 23rd through Monday, December 26th
For your convenience purchase your passes here
Customer Care Representative Hours
Monday – Friday, 5:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. & Saturday, 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
About The Suburban Mobility Authority for Regional Transportation (SMART)
Serving residents since 1967, SMART is southeast Michigan’s regional public transportation provider, offering convenient, reliable, and safe transportation for Macomb, Oakland, and Wayne Counties. SMART fixed route, FAST, small bus paratransit, and the new Flex on-demand services get people to employment; educational institutions; medical appointments; shopping centers; entertainment; and cultural destinations throughout the region. For route and fare information, visit smartmovesus.org.