Nov 29 – Road Commission Hosting Info Meeting on Orion Road/Stoney Creek/Conklin Road Roundabout
Orion Township, MI – The Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), in partnership with Orion Township, will host a public information meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 29, about the planned 2023 construction of a roundabout at the Orion Road/Stoney Creek Road/Conklin Road intersection in the township.
The meeting is from 4:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Blanche Sims Elementary School, 465 East Jackson Street in Lake Orion. The meeting will be open-house format — there will be no formal presentations. RCOC staff will be present to answer questions throughout the meeting.
The approximately $1.6 million project is funded mostly by federal dollars with the RCOC and Orion Township providing matching dollars.
The project includes:
- Construction of a modern roundabout at the Orion Road/Stoney Creek Road intersection. Conklin Road will be a “T” intersection with Orion Road north of the roundabout.
- Reconstruction of 0.2 miles of road with aspahlt.
- Improvements to storm sewers and drainage.
- Construction of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)-compliant pedestrian crosswalks with pathway connections.
- Placement of new curbs and gutters.
- Installation of intersection lighting.
Construction is expected to start in the summer of 2023, with the intersection closing to traffic. Access to homes and businesses within the construction zone will be maintained during the work. The project will conclude in the late fall of 2023.
The detour route for through traffic: Adams Road to Silver Bell Road to Lapeer Road (M-24) to Flint Street to Miller Road to Conklin Road, and back to Orion Road and vice versa.
Anyone wishing to attend the meeting who requires special accommodations in accordance with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or Title VI, including those requiring language assistance, should call RCOC at 248-645-2000 and ask to be directed to the RCOC Engineering Department to submit your request. The Road Commission will provide such services free of charge, with reasonable advanced notice.
For more information on the project, visit the Orion/Stoney Creek/Conklin Roundabout page in the “Road Projects” section of the RCOC website, www.rcocweb.org (direct link: https://www.rcocweb.org/656/
For questions on the project, contact RCOC through any of the following methods:
- Online at www.rcocweb.org
- By telephone at 877-858-4808 (Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.)
- Via e-mail at email@example.com
For more things to do, visit the Oakland County Times Event Page!
To submit event info email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you to Jim Shaffer & Associates Realtors for sponsoring this section!