Orion Township Hiring Accounting Specialist
(Orion Township, Aug. 17, 2022)
Orion Township, MI – Orion Township is hiring. Under the general direction of the Township Treasurer, the accounting specialist performs a variety of tasks related to the processing, collection, and recording of Township and Lake Orion Village tax revenues.
– Assists in coordinating the preparation and mailing of tax statements, including Special Tax Assessments, for the Township and Lake Orion Village.
– Monitors various bank accounts daily.
– Receives tax payments, warrants, and miscellaneous purposes and inputs into tax system. Keeps tax roll status current, maintains summary report for current tax totals, and records tax information to maintain tax rolls and files.
– Maintains correspondence with banks and mortgage companies concerning payment of residential taxes and assigns codes for bank and mortgage tax payments on residential parcels.
– Balances monies received and assists with the preparation of financial reports as assigned by the Treasurer including the Tax Settlement for Oakland County.
Please visit www.oriontownship.org/jobs for additional details.