June 30 – Oakland County Veterans Resource Fair
Waterford, MI –
Representatives will be onsite to serve all veterans, active duty, guard and reserves, and their families with these resources:
- FREE nonperishable food boxes
- Gary Burnstein Community Health Clinic—Scheduling free dental appointments
- Detroit VA Healthcare System—offering registration help and exams for non-enrolled Veterans
- Dorsey College Cosmetology Program—Hairstylists will be on site giving free haircuts to Veterans
- Oakland County Veterans’ Services—providing information and claims assistance regarding veteran benefits and giving away $50 Meijer gift cards—to be eligible you must be a veteran and Oakland County resident, and you must present a copy of your DD214. The MVAA will be attending the May and June Resource Fairs so Veterans will be able to get a print out of their DD214 on site.
- Oakland County Housing & Neighborhood Development—helping residents with housing counseling and more
- Oakland Community Health Network—addressing any behavioral health issues and concerns, including a health screening
- Oakland County Michigan Works!—providing veterans and their families with career planning, training programs, job search resources and the opportunity to meet with an employment specialist
- Service Dogs Onsite
Tyrone Jordan at email@example.com | (248) 285-8016
For more things to do, visit the Oakland County Times Event Page!
To submit event info email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you to Jim Shaffer & Associates Realtors for sponsoring this section!