Shooting Victim Dies, Suspect Charged with Homicide in Pontiac Robbery
(Oakland County Sheriff’s Dept, Dec. 11, 2015)
Update to below Incident that occurred on 12-3-15 in the City of Pontiac:
- On December 3, 2015 at 11:55 pm Deputies responded to the 400 block of Martin Luther King for a reported shooting. Upon arrival, Deputies located a victim that had been assaulted (pistol whipped). A second victim, William McGee a 33 year old Southfield resident, was located in the basement of the residence, suffering a gunshot wound to the head. The suspect, Kenneth Earl Louris fled the scene with the firearm prior to Deputies arrival.
- It was determined through witnesses that several people were playing dice in the basement of the residence when the responsible, Kenneth Earl Louris, a 29 year old Pontiac resident, arrived at the address.
- According to a witness, Louris was in the basement when he pulled out a handgun and demanded money from the persons playing dice. Louris then began to pistol whip the first victim.
- Mr. McGee was standing near the victim being pistol whipped and tried to “make peace” by telling Louris to stop. Louris then fired one shot at McGee’s direction striking him in the head area.
- Louris then fled the area. It was unknown if he ever got any monies from the victims.
- On December 7, 2015, the Sheriff’s Fugitive Apprehension Team located Louris and arrested him without incident. He was charged with Assault with Intent to Murder and counts 2, 3, and 4 below and subsequently arraigned by Judge Preston Thomas in the 50th District Court and received no bond.
- On December 8, 2015 While at McLaren Oakland Hospital, William McGee died from the single gunshot wound.
- On December 9, 2015 the Oakland County Medical Examiner ruled the cause of death as homicide.
- On December 10, 2015 the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office amended count 1 to Felony Murder. Louris is charged with the following:
- Count 1 – Felony Murder
- Count 2 – Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Count 3 – Robbery-Armed
- Count 4 – Possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony
- Louris’ next court date is December 22, 2015 at 1:30 pm in front of Judge Ronda Fowlkes Gross
Kenneth Louris’ Criminal History includes a 2002 – Armed Robbery / Home Invasion / Assault with Dangerous weapon / Resisting Arrest. He was sentenced on March 21, 2002 and was discharged from parole on September 18, 2014. His booking photo is attached.
NOTE: Police Reports come directly from the Police Department or agency involved and are written by the person or agency listed below the title. We generally run these “as is” or with minimal editing for punctuation, spelling, etc. Suspects should not be presumed guilty. Those needing more information about a case are encouraged to follow up with the reporting agency or court system for the most current information.
This story is presented without advertising due to content. Please support our advertisers at https://oaklandcounty115.com/sponsorshipadvertising.