Time to Nominate People for Ferndale Good Neighbor Awards
(CFF Press Release, Feb. 14, 2015)
Please join Citizens for a Fair Ferndale (CFF) in celebrating the ongoing efforts of those who live, work and attend school in Ferndale who value the fair and equal treatment of others and are engaged in making this happen on a daily basis. The Good Neighbor Awards program identifies and honors individuals, organizations and businesses in our community who are outstanding examples of “good neighbors,” who are committed to building, preserving, maintaining and improving the quality of life in their neighborhoods and our community.
Who is eligible for a Good Neighbor Award? Any person, couple, family, business or group who is connected to our community – through residency, business, the school district, or any other affiliation – who demonstrates the mission of CFF through their actions. Award winners are inclusive, tolerant, and they reach out to others in a variety of ways to bridge the gap between people, cultures, and ideas. (See the CFF Mission Statement HERE). Also, keep in mind that we recognize those activities that are volunteer in nature as opposed to those that are considered part of a person’s job description.
- Click HERE to submit a nomination online by Friday, March 20
- Click HERE to download a mail-in nomination form and mail to: Citizens for a Fair Ferndale, 263 Vester, Ferndale, MI 48220
- Click HERE to download a flyer for your community bulletin board.
- Click HERE to read more about past winners
- Click HERE to read more about the award criteria
- Click HERE for Frequently Asked Questions
Previous honorees have…
- Created inclusive, welcoming environments in their businesses
- Collaborated on art projects that celebrate diversity
- Spoken out against injustice in our community
- Created a neighborhood festival
- Cared for senior citizen neighbors
- Established block club networks
- Built a community garden
- Sheltered the homeless
Help us honor individuals, organized groups and businesses who make Ferndale a community that values the fair and equal treatment of everyone.
Contact us for more information at CFF48220@gmail.com or (248) 515-78