(Crystal A. Proxmire, Dec. 10, 2013)
Three fourteen-year-old girls are in trouble after sharing a fifth of Canadian Club Whiskey at a sleepover on E. Breckenridge in Ferndale Friday night. According to The Daily Tribune, police were called to the home at about 11:45 pm because one of the girls was sick with intoxication. Her blood-alcohol level was reported to be 0.13, nearly twice the limit for drunk driving in Michigan.
Police Sgt. Patrick Jones told The Tribune that “The girls were upstairs and the parents were downstairs. It turned out one of the two visiting girls had brought a bottle of Canadian Club whiskey and they drank the entire fifth within an hour.”
The girl was puking in the living room and could not stay awake. Fearing alcohol poisoning, police called for an ambulance and had the girl transported to the hospital.
The girls are scheduled to be interviewed by a detective this week and they could be charged with the misdemeanor offense of a minor in possession of alcohol.
For more see The Daily Tribune story at http://www.dailytribune.com/general-news/20131209/ferndale-girl-14-hospitalized-after-whiskey-chugging-sleepover.
For more information on efforts to curb underage drinking in Oakland County, read our previous story: https://oaklandcounty115.com/2013/07/07/seoc-cautions-parents-who-host-lose-the-most/.