(Crystal A. Proxmire, Oct. 16, 2013)
Taste of Ferndale takes place on Oct. 23 from 6-9 pm at The Loving Touch. Here are 15 reasons why you should be a part of this classy, fun event:
1. There will be over a dozen restaurants on hand sharing delicious samples, giving a great taste of what Ferndale has to offer.
2. It helps the Ferndale Community Foundation raise money.
4. You get to mingle with dozens of your friends and neighbors, and meet some new people too.
5. The event will be held at The Loving Touch, so if you’ve not been there it is a great time to check it out.
7. Dino’s will be there too. (He’s also an oc115 sponsor) And for Taste in Ferndale they’re bringing their famous macaroni and cheese.
8. Apple Fritter Donuts, Pinwheel Bakery and Peteet’s Cheesecakes will be among the desserts.
9. Valentine Vodka is making a signature drink for the event. Their Valentine Punch will be a special addition to the evening.
10. The theme of the evening is “casual elegance,” with décor being black and white with a splash of red.
12. There will be great music. Finger-style guitarist J.B. Davies and harpist Melani Schridde will be helping set the mood.
13. The silent auction has fabulous items, including the chance to name your own street in Ferndale, jewelry from Naka, a cookie basket from Cupcookie, a gift basket from Redhook/Pinwheel, and even a chance to have dinner with Ferndale Councilperson Dan Martin.
15. If you don’t go, you may feel sad when you see all the pictures online of everyone having fun!
The event is supported by several local businesses and individuals, including Blue Care Network, Garden Fresh Salsa and Premium Electric.
For all the details visit the Taste in Ferndale’s event page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/575588159172642/. Tickets may be purchased in advance by contacting Judy Palmer at 248-568-0338. Also available at the door.
Learn more about the Ferndale Community Foundation at http://www.ferndalecomunityfoundation.org/.