(Lt. William Wilson, Sept. 17, 2013)
On 09/17/13 at about 2:30 a.m. a Ferndale patrol officer noticed a 2005 Subaru Legacy suspiciously leaving the lot of Hodges Subaru on Woodward. When the officer made an effort to stop the vehicle, the three occupants got out of the car and ran. Officers very quickly caught two suspects (Allen and Hillyer) running in the Woodward median. After being assisted by officers from other jurisdictions (Hazel Park, Pleasant Ridge, and Michigan State Police) officers arrested the third suspect (Davis) after they found him sitting and pretending to be reading a newspaper on the front porch of a house on E. Cambourne.
The three are charged with:
1. Unlawfully Driving Away Motor Vehicle (5 yr felony)
2. Resisting Police Officer (2 year misd)
The Three Defendants are:
1. Christian Lamar HILLYER, Detroit resident, 22 yrs
2. Charles Edward ALLEN , Detroit resident, 21 yrs
3. Richard Anthony DAVIS, Warren resident, 34 yrs
The three will be arraigned at about 3:00 p.m. today.