(Ferndale 115, Aug. 22, 2012)
City Manager April Lynch has released a statement reminding people about the rules for election signs. Candidates should take note of the following:
“As the election season heats up, staff wanted to put out some important facts about Political Signs:
1) campaign signs for candidates who will not be appearing on the November 6, 2012 ballot must be taken down by August 22, 2012
2) same rule applies for signs promoting the August ballot proposals for the DlA, Public Transportation and Hazel Park Schools;
3) campaign signs may be no more than 6 total sq. ft. in size;
5) property on which political signs are placed must contain an occupied structure; and finally…
6) signs shall not be placed on property owned by the City, County, United States or a school district, or within the public right-of-way.
(Chap. 6, Art. VIII Ferndale Code of Ordinances)
Thank you for keeping these points in mind during this election season.”
For another interesting election sign article, check out https://oaklandcounty115.com/2011/11/04/things-get-sticky-for-election-sign-thieves/.