Blog Archives

Fire Destroys Fitness Center/Warehouse in Oak Park

May 28th 2019

Fire Destroys Fitness Center/Warehouse in Oak Park (Crystal A. Proxmire, May 28, 2019) Oak Park, MI – A fire broke out Tuesday evening at a building that appears to house a fitness studio and a vinyl wrap warehouse.   13321 Northend Avenue, Oak Park, MI is listed as the address for Performance 80 Fitness Studio, and […]

May 7, 2019 Election: Royal Oak Township Millage and Marijuana on the Ballot

April 25th 2019

May 7, 2019 Election: Royal Oak Township Millage and Marijuana on the Ballot Royal Oak Township, MI – Voters in Royal Oak Township have two ballot measures on the May 7, 2019 election. Ballot Language is as follows: General Operating Millage Renewal Shall the Charter Township of Royal Oak be authorized to continue the previously […]

Royal Oak Hosting Work Session for Discussion on Marijuana March 4

February 23rd 2019

Royal Oak Hosting Work Session for Discussion on Marijuana March 4 (event page) Royal Oak, MI – The Royal Oak City Commission will meet on Monday, March 4 at 6:30 p.m. in Room 315 at City Hall, 211 S. Williams, for a work session on legalized marijuana. Adult-use (recreational) marijuana was approved by voters statewide […]

Christmas Morning Fire Guts Apartments on Dequindre

December 25th 2018

Christmas Morning Fire Guts Apartments on Dequindre (Crystal A. Proxmire, Dec. 25, 2018) Sterling Heights, Troy, MI – A fire Christmas morning has gutted several apartments in the Sterling Troy Apartment building at Dequindre and Wisconsin, just south of Maple Road in Sterling Heights. Several fire departments, including Sterling Heights and Troy arrived at 34400 […]

Pontiac Mayor Hosting Medical Marijuana Town Hall Oct. 18

October 5th 2018

Pontiac Mayor Hosting Medical Marijuana Town Hall Oct. 18 Pontiac, MI – Pontiac Mayor Deirdre Waterman and Pontiac City Council invite you to attend a very important Town Hall Discussion on Proposal 1 Medical Marijuana., Thursday, October 18, 2018 at Bowens Center, 52 Bagley Street, Pontiac, MI at 6pm. We will discuss the process and […]

Workbench Fire Fills Troy Home With Smoke

May 9th 2018

Workbench Fire Fills Troy Home With Smoke (Troy Fire Dept, May 9, 2018)  Troy, MI –  The Troy Fire Department responded to a report of a fire in the basement at 6403 Tanglewood Wednesday morning. Caller reported seeing smoke and flames up to the ceiling. Prior to their arrival, Firefighters were told the occupant believed […]

Four Things to Know for Medical Marijuana Facility Applicants

December 13th 2017

Four Things to Know for Medical Marijuana Facility Applicants (LARA, Dec. 13, 2017) Lansing, MI – The Dept. of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) will be ready to accept applications for medical marihuana facility licenses beginning this Friday, December 15, 2017. The department is prepared to accept applications for all license types – grower, processor, […]

Ferndale Pauses on Marijuana Facility Applications while Reviewing State Law

November 16th 2016

Ferndale Pauses on Marijuana Facility Applications while Reviewing State Law (Crystal A. Proxmire, Nov. 16, 2016) Ferndale, MI –  Ferndale officials put a pause on accepting applications for medical marijuana facilities, but want it to be clear they don’t oppose them.  They just want to do things right. Ferndale City Council voted Monday to suspend […]

Cannon Fire & Speeches Part of Pleasant Ridge Memorial Day Service

May 30th 2016

Cannon Fire & Speeches Part of Pleasant Ridge Memorial Day Service (Thomas Treuter, Barbara Winter, May 30, 2016) Pleasant Ridge, MI – Following a gigantic “boom,” smoke from cannon fire billowed onto Woodward Avenue and 10 Mile Road on the morning of Memorial Day 2016.  The service, held in the park near Pleasant Ridge City […]

Two Fires in Ferndale on Sunday

December 28th 2015

Two Fires in Ferndale on Sunday (Compiled, Dec. 28, 2015) Ferndale, MI – Two fires happened in Ferndale on Sunday according to a report in The Daily Tribune. One on Channing was caused by a down power line and another on Stratford was likely caused by food left cooking on a stove. To get all […]