Hazel Park Seeking Applications for City Council Vacancy as Aubry Relocates

Hazel Park Seeking Applications for City Council Vacancy as Aubry Relocates

(City of Hazel Park, Dec. 21, 2020)

Hazel Park, MI -After three years of serving on Hazel Park City Council, Amy Aubry announced her resignation at the Dec. 8 Council Meeting, stating that she is relocating out of the city.  The move leaves a vacancy, and the City has opened up applications for interested residents to apply.

Those interested should submit the application form and a current resume to the City Clerk’s Office located at 111 E. Nine Mile Road, Hazel Park MI 48030, by 4:00 p.m. on 1/7/2021. Those with questions can call the City at 248-546-4064.

To apply, applicants must be a Hazel Park resident, 18 years of age or older, a registered voter, and a U.S. citizen.

At the most recent council meeting, Aubry said “I’m saddened to leave… Hazel Park’s been my home for the last decade.  I’ve made a lot of friends here. Hazel park has left it’s imprint on my heart, and a piece of my heart will always be with Hazel Park.”

She went on to share advice to those watching.  “Please continue to be involved,” she said.  “Contact your elected representatives.  Remember to vote.  Government, at the local level, has the most direct impact on your life.  It is the people here at this meeting that make sure your garbage is picked up, water flows to your house, that the lights are on in the street for everybody’s safety, snow is cleared.  Everything happens at the local level.”

Those interested in applying can use the City Council Application Form.

About the author

Oakland County Times has written 13977 articles for Oakland County Times

Contact editor@oc115.com for any questions or story ideas! Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or by chipping in through the PayPal button on the right side of the page.

Comments are closed.