County Parks Annual Pass on Sale – Free for Seniors, Vets & Others

County Parks Annual Pass on Sale – Free for Seniors, Vets & Others

Oakland County, MI-  Oakland County Parks and Recreation (OCPR) Annual Vehicle Permits are now available for 2021.

Buy now to enjoy access to eight parks that provide year-round fun for the rest of 2020 and 2021.

The cost for the Annual Vehicle Permit remains at $30 for residents and $48 regular rate. In addition to park entry, vehicle permit holders receive free entry to the Fourth of July fireworks at Groveland Oaks County Park, as well as free parking at the Oakland County Fair on the grounds of Springfield Oaks County Park on two Oakland County Parks Days.

The permit provides access to Addison Oaks County Park north of Rochester, Groveland Oaks County Park in Holly, Highland Oaks County Park in Highland, Independence Oaks County Parks in Clarkston, Lyon Oaks County Park in Wixom, Orion Oaks County Park in Lake Orion, Red Oaks Dog Park in Madison Heights and Rose Oaks County Park in Holly.

Permits may be purchased online, by mail and in person at many locations throughout Oakland County.

For a list of locations or to purchase online, visit

“With voter approval of the 2020 Oakland County Parks and Recreation millage replacement and increase, we are pleased to be able to provide a free Annual Vehicle Permit to eligible Oakland County residents,” OCPR Executive Officer Dan Stencil said.

Eligible Oakland County residents include:  Seniors ages 62+. Residents must provide valid documentation, such as a driver’s license or passport, to verify residency and Active military. Current U.S. military personnel must present proof of residency and a U.S. Department of Defense Common Access Card for one of the following military personnel classifications: U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard or National Guard; U.S. Military Cadets; or U.S. Active Reservists (do not need to be deployed) Veterans of the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and National Guard must provide proof of documentation, such as a valid Michigan driver’s license with veteran designation; an Oakland County, state, or federal Veteran ID Card (VIC); or form DD214, DD256, DD257, or NGB22,

Individuals of any age with a permanent physical, mental or sensory impairment disability that substantially limits one or more major life activities. Persons with permanent disabilities are requested to provide documentation of permanent disability status, which may include a state-issued disability parking placard; proof of disability income; or letter from a physician. If documentation cannot be provided, the applicant will need to fill out and sign a Free Annual Vehicle Permit Request form to provide credible assurance. Guardians or caregivers of a person with a permanent disability may request the free Annual Vehicle Permit on behalf of the individual

The Annual Vehicle Permit does not allow for free entry to facilities and programs that have a separate fee, including but not limited to waterparks, campgrounds, Holly Oaks ORV Park, golf courses or special events and programs.

It also does not include the Joint Parks Perks pass with the Huron-Clinton Metroparks or the Recreation Passport for the Michigan State Parks.

Free Annual Vehicle Permits may be obtained in person at Addison Oaks, Independence Oaks, Lyon Oaks, Orion Oaks, Red Oaks Nature Center and Dog Park and Waterford Oaks at the Recreation Programs and Services Office. They are not available at non-park sales locations.

While a mail-order application can be downloaded at, active military must obtain their free Annual Vehicle Permit and show their Common Access Card in person, as these cards are not legally allowed to be photocopied.

Annual Vehicle Permits shall be non-transferable and must be affixed to a vehicle windshield to be valid. Limit of one free Annual Vehicle Permit per eligible person, per year.

Discounts on Annual Vehicle Permits are also available for eligible non-Oakland County residents; a second permit for another vehicle in the same household; and groups.

For more information about rates, discounts and free permits for eligible individuals, visit, call248-858-0916or e-mail

FREE Oakland County Resident Annual Vehicle Permits for Senior Citizens Ages 62+, Adaptive, Military, and Veterans cannot be ordered online.

Purchase online:

Oakland County Resident Annual Vehicle Permit

Non-Resident Annual Vehicle Permit

Parks Perks Annual Vehicle Permit (OCPR/HCMA Joint Permit)

Holly Oaks ORV Tickets

Gift Cards

Waterpark Season Passes

Permit sales locations​

Per​mit mail-in​ ​​​form


About the author

Oakland County Times has written 14091 articles for Oakland County Times

Contact for any questions or story ideas! Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or by chipping in through the PayPal button on the right side of the page.

Comments are closed.