Air Fryer Likely Cause of Lyon Township Fire

Air Fryer Likely Cause of Lyon Township Fire

(Crystal A. Proxmire, April 9, 2020)

Lyon Township, MI- Firefighters from the Lyon Township Fire Department responded Thursday evening to a fire in the Mill River Subdivision.

“The first command unit was on scene in under 4 minutes and the first engine was on scene in under 6 minutes. First due units reported smoke coming from the front door. The home owner advised the garage was on fire and everyone was out,” according to Lyon Township Fire.

“Engine 2 stretched a hand line into the side entrance garage door and found a working fire. Crews used foam to quickly extinguish the fire. A battery operated positive pressure fan was used at the front door to help clear the smoke from the interior of the house. The fire started as a result from an unknown issue with an air fryer. Unfortunately the door from the garage into the house was left open as the resident was evacuating the home, so there was significant smoke damage to the house. South Lyon FD provided station coverage.”

There were no injuries, and they believe the fire was caused by an air fryer in the garage.

NOTE:  Police/Fire Reports come directly from the Police Department or agency involved and are written by the person or agency listed below the title.  We generally run these “as is” or with minimal editing for punctuation, spelling, etc. Suspects should not be presumed guilty.  Those needing more information about a case are encouraged to follow up with the reporting agency or court system for the most current information

About the author

Oakland County Times has written 11888 articles for Oakland County Times

The Oakland County Times started with one city in 2009 and has grown to the community news hub you see today. Contact editor@oc115.com if you have any questions, comments, event listings, etc. Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or check out our online community garden. Also happy to hear tips and story ideas.

Comments are closed.