Pinz for Parks Raises $1,222 for Holly Parks, Fireworks Fund

Pinz for Parks Raises $1,222 for Holly Parks,  Fireworks Fund

(Crystal A. Proxmire, March 3, 2019)

Holly, MI – Andrew Anderson Day, aka Feb. 22, was a hit in Holly as nearly 50 bowlers took to the lanes to raise money for the Village of Holly Parks and the annual fireworks show.

Village Officials voted in January to honor the hometown bowler turned International bowling superstar on the day of  the Pinz for Parks fundraiser at Holly Lanes.

Anderson’s family was on hand to receive proclamations from local officials, and to share in the bowling fun.

At just 23 years old, Anderson won the USBC Masters in Syracuse, NY.  He was also named the 2018 Chris Schenkel PBA Player of the Year.  Anderson even traveled to Hong Kong for the World Bowling Tour Men’s Championships where he won a gold medal in trios with teammates Kyle Troup and E.J. Tackett.

Brian Aubuchon owns Holly Lanes where Anderson works when he’s not on tour. In a previous interview Aubuchon said “Andrew is an exceptional young man both on and off the lanes with tremendous character and integrity. I believe he will be a force to be reckoned with on the PBA tour for a long time.

“There is something special when the TV announcers say his home center ‘Holly Lanes.’ We are very proud of him.”

According to Councilperson and Park Board Liaison Chris Rankin, the event brought in $1,222 after expenses. Of the money collected, 90% will go towards the fireworks which are paid for completely with fundraising and donations. The remaining 10% will go to the Parks Fund.

The Village of Holly is also home to five parks: Crapo Park and Cyclone Park in the downtown, Lakeside Park on picturesque Bush Lake, Ganshaw Park overlooking Bevins Lake, and Waterworks Park on the Shiawassee River.

Sorensen Park is operated by Holly Township Parks and Recreation, and Patterson Elementary and Holly Elementary offer public playgrounds.  Learn more about the parks and other things to do at the Village of Holly website.

 

About the author

Oakland County Times has written 10102 articles for Oakland County Times

The Oakland County Times started with one city in 2009 and has grown to the community news hub you see today. Contact editor@oc115.com if you have any questions, comments, event listings, etc. Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or check out our online community garden. Also happy to hear tips and story ideas.

Comments are closed.