Pleasant Ridge Woman Dead of Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Pleasant Ridge Woman Dead of Possible Carbon Monoxide Poisoning UPDATED

(C. Proxmire, Feb. 11, 2016)

Pleasant Ridge, MI –  A 61-year-old Pleasant Ridge woman is dead from what appears to be a case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Pleasant Ridge Police Chief Kevin Nowak said that a 911 call came at 12:33am Wednesday about a woman with difficulty breathing in a home on Maywood at Indiana Avenue.

“Police officers arrived and began doing CPR. The Fire Department came and took over but were unable to revive her.  She was pronounced dead by a doctor from Beaumont and the Medical Examiner was called to take over.  We are still waiting for them to do their investigation, but officers on the scene noticed a strong odor in the home.  We do not know yet if it is carbon monoxide, but that is what we suspect.  The woman’s husband has gone to stay with relatives and the home is sealed off.  We are waiting for a search warrant just to cover all the bases and then we will go in and investigate the cause.”

He cautioned that carbon monoxide is a danger, particularly in cold weather when people have furnaces on.  “They have carbon monoxide detectors that are inexpensive to buy. We don’t know yet if this home had them or not.  But we do recommend them to be in every home.”

This story is presented without advertising due to the subject matter. Please support our sponsors at http://oaklandcounty115.com/sponsorshipadvertising/.

 

About the author

Oakland County Times has written 12530 articles for Oakland County Times

Contact editor@oc115.com for any questions or story ideas! Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or by chipping in through the PayPal button on the right side of the page.

Comments are closed.