Kitchen Fire on W. Hazelhurst

Fire on W. Hazelhurst

(Brian Batten, Ferndale Fire Marshall, 3/13/2011)

At approximately 8:30 am this morning the Ferndale Fire Department responded to house fire in the 700 block of W. Hazelhurst .  A carelessly discarded cigarette ignited waste materials in a kitchen trash can.  The 80 year old female occupant of the home was unable to extinguish the fire. Michigan State Parole Agent knocked on the door and convinced her to leave the house.  He then called the Fire Department and the fire was quickly extinguished, but not before causing approximately $30,000 in damages.  The woman did not have home owners insurance.  Her son who lives with her said he is going to do his best to repair the damages.


About the author

Oakland County Times has written 12530 articles for Oakland County Times

Contact editor@oc115.com for any questions or story ideas! Please support this work by becoming an advertising sponsor or by chipping in through the PayPal button on the right side of the page.

Comments are closed.